A cat once pursued a lion.
“What do you want, little one?”
“To be loved by you.”
“Ah,” said the lion, “Excellent.” And he ate her up, whiskers and all, with great delight.
This post was written in response to the Trifecta Writing Challenge weekend prompt:
Tell us an original fable in exactly 33 words.
The moral of this story is, of course: be careful what you wish for.
This weekend’s challenge is community-judged. Please vote for mine!
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, visit the Trifecta Writing Challenge website where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.