Geothermics

I thought I understood the geology of us. I measured your faults. I studied your sulphur springs. It wasn’t enough.

With each word you drill down deep – crust, mantle, core – and I erupt.

This post was made in response to the Trifecta Writing Challenge weekend Trifextra prompt:

On to the weekend challenge. As you’ll recall from your elementary science class days, the structure of the earth can be divided most simply into three sections: core, mantle, crust.

Give us 33 words from it. Interpret the prompt however you wish–literal, metaphorical, or somewhere in between.

20 thoughts on “Geothermics

1. Kim Song says:

I love this! Very powerful piece indeed! I felt very moved and felt the pain and anguish associated with a… not so favorable relationship! Good work! Haha I like what KymmInBarcelona said and I have to agree, “TWEET THAT SHIT!” haha

2. atrm61 says:

Loved the word”geology” as u used it here:-)Fault lines -wow!Yes,drilling for the hidden core through all that is on the surface & then the climax-or is it the anti-climax?;-)Wonderfully inlaid meanings Christine-I can see what you meant ,now:-)

3. Shannon says:

As always, I am blown away by your writing. I don’t know what it is about your ‘voice’, but there’s something there so smooth and easy that I admit it makes me envious upon occasion…

4. Sandra says:

It’s unfortunate that I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about. So accurate–this feeling of angst and eruption! I love your play on words, and the title, too!

• Sandra says:

I came back to reread… Interesting–I’m usually a glass half full person, but this must have really struck a nerve with a certain relationship I know of, in a glass-totally-empty way. 🙂 Thanks for the clarification. Now I love your piece even more.

5. jannatwrites says:

I don’t know how you do it each week…another great response! I swear I have felt this – especially the drilling down deep with words. Those darn buttons get pushed and watch out 🙂